What is 5S?
Applying 5S in a Manufacturing Workplace
Duration: 11 mins 18 secs
This video clearly explains to workers what 5S is, how to apply it in their workplaces and what the benefits are to them, their business and the Australian manufacturing industry.
Whether the workplace is large or small, 5S is a simple system to follow. The benefits of applying 5S include improved safety and productivity and greater worker involvement and pride in their workplace and work.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide and support materials that can be customised for different working and training situations.
The Trainers’ Resource Kit contains:
- Overview to Resource
- information on how to use the video and worksheets
- tips on language and literacy support and resources
- Learners’ Worksheets
- DVD script
- plain English definitions of key words used in the video and support material
- brief questions which reinforce the key issues raised in the video
- Trainers’ Guide and Appendices
In addition to the material in the Learners’ Version Worksheets, these contain:
- important notes for the trainer
- answers to the learners’ questions
- suggested learner activities
- additional 5S checklists and worksheets.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Ideas That Work. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
“I have spent many hours searching on the internet for a comprehensive 5S training video and this video and training material surpasses anything I have previously seen”.
Jim Laming, Finance and Logistics Manager, MTM Pty Ltd
“This excellent video captures the essence of 5S by showcasing Australian manufacturing at its best. We highly recommend this production as an essential companion to inform and/or remind the workforce why 5S is one of the essential building blocks to operational excellence –
Don’t be without it!”
Archie Cowan, Founding Director, Insights to Excellence www.i2e.org.au
“We have shown the What is 5S video to every employee and are using it as part of our induction process for new employees. It is probably the best specific training tool I have come across in my nearly 30 years of manufacturing experience”.
Matt Wagenfeld, Operations Manager, PWB Anchor
“The 5S video was done very well and fit exactly the need we had.”
Doug Bressler, Director Lean Management, BizJet International Sales & Support Inc.
Member of the Lufthansa Technik Group
- What is 5S?
Resource Material for:
- workplace training for 5S
- support material for the competency MSS402040A Apply 5S procedures from the MSS11 Sustainability Training Package
- workers undertaking the unit MSS402040A as an elective in MSS30312 Certificate III in Competitive systems and practices
- refresher purposes, particularly for non-English speaking workers or those with low literacy and language
- workers undertaking the competency MSS40240A Apply 5S procedures as an imported unit in a manufacturing qualification or for other qualifications from Training Packages that include this unit
- VET in schools programs such as Engineering or in preparation for an Australian Apprenticeship.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format