Forklift Risks and Hazards
Duration: 22 mins 30 secs
All sorts of forklifts are used in all sorts of workplaces. But they all have one thing in common. They can be very dangerous, if you don’t use them safely.
This Australian produced safety video explores the potential hazards and risks in the workplace for forklift drivers.
The resource also includes a trainer’s guide and learners’ worksheets that can be customised.
The Trainers’ Resource Kit contains:
- Trainers’ notes
- information on how to use the video and worksheets
- tips on language and literacy support and resources
- Customisable Learners’ Worksheets
- Learners’ Worksheets (trainers’ version)
- answers to the learners’ questions
- important notes for the trainer
- suggested learner activities.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Ideas That Work. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
- The work plan
- Check out the site and the route they will be taking
- Pre-operational safety checks on the forklift
- Load and load handling
- Tipping over
Resource Material for:
- TLID2010 Operate a forklift as Training Package Support Material
- High Risk Licence Unit of Competency TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck
- induction and orientation
- workplace training
- refresher training.
The Forklift Risks and Hazards resource can be used as support material for TLID2010 Operate a forklift and TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck from the TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package.
These are core and elective units in a number of qualifications at AQF levels II-III such as:
- TLI21616 Certificate II in Warehousing Operations
- TLI21716 Certificate II in Road Transport Yard Operations (Freight Handler)
- TLI21416 Certificate II in Stevedoring
- TLI31616 Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
- TLI31516 Certificate III in Stevedoring
- TLI32416 Certificate III in Logistics
As the resource focuses on safety and risk management issues, it also covers some aspects of the unit TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures.
Also, given the wide use of forklifts across a number of industries, it is likely that the resource will have applicability to units dealing with forklift operations in other training packages.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format