Estimating and Tendering for Building Projects
For builders, estimators, trade contractors and managers in small to medium sized domestic building businesses.
Duration: 32 mins 21 secs
The resource Estimating and Tendering for Building Projects will assist builders, estimators, trade contractors and managers in small to medium sized domestic building businesses with some of the communication and numeracy skills they need in estimating and tendering, particularly in the areas of:
- relevant workplace terminology
- the fundamentals of calculations and working with formulas
- telephone and business writing skills.
Whether you are an estimator, or a builder who is preparing an estimate, you need to be accurate in every part of the estimating process. The price you include in the tender is based on your estimate of the costs of the building project, so accuracy is critical to the success of your tender and your business.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide and support materials that can be customised for different training situations.
The Trainers’ Resource Kit includes:
- information on how to use the video
- mapping of the DVD to the units CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects and CPCCBC4013A Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- LLN tips for trainers
- support materials and worksheets which can be customised by the trainer to function as learning materials.
The support materials in the Trainers’ Resource Kit cover:
- key work words
- relevant numeracy concepts, calculations, measurements and formulas
- guidelines for doing a take-off
- communication skills
- preparing a tender including sample templates for cover letters.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and HIA Training Services Victoria. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Physical resources
- Prepare the tender
Resource Material for:
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4013A Prepare and evaluate tender documentation.
The resource supports some of the required skills and knowledge in the above two units from CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and other organisations can use this resource in several ways:
- in classroom delivery
- for in-house or supervisor-led training
- as a flexible delivery resource
- for refresher training purposes, particularly for non-English speaking learners or those who need support for their language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format