An introduction to the Human Body Systems
Duration: 40 mins 30 sec
This video is an excellent starting point for anyone who requires a basic knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the 11 human body systems.
The language in the video is clear and easy to understand and each body system is explored and explained logically by combining animation and live action.
The video supports the competency HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body system and can be used as a training resource across a broad range of areas including Health, Fitness, Home and Community Care and Aged Services.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Mayfield Education. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
- Integumentary System
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Lymphatic System
- Nervous System and Senses
- Endocrine System
- Reproductive System
- Urinary System
- Digestive System
Resource Material for:
The Healthy Bodies DVD supports the delivery of HLTAAP001: Recognise healthy body systems in a number of accredited qualifications.
Community Services Training Package
HLTAAP001: Recognise healthy body systems is a core unit for:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems is an elective unit for:
- CHC34015 Certificate III in Active Volunteering
- CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
Health Training Package
As the resource is designed as an overview of this competency, the material also supports the following qualifications in the Health Training Package where HLTAAP001: Recognise healthy body systems is a core or elective unit such as:
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Service Assistance
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- HLT31215 Certificate III in Basic Health Care
- HLT31115 Certificate III in Non-Emergency Client Support
- HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
The resource can be used as an introduction or refresher to the Human Body Systems for:
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately.
Sport, Fitness & Recreation Training Package
The Healthy Bodies video can be used as support material for:
- SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness (for Unit SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming)
Education Resource for Schools
In a school education context, the Healthy Bodies video addresses the Australian curriculum key learning areas:
- Health and Physical Education
The Healthy Bodies resource also connects to the broader student wellbeing agenda for use with Middle Years of Schooling (years 5 to 9) and senior students.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format