Reading, Reporting, Recording
For direct care workers in a home or community setting
Duration: 10 mins 45 secs
This video is based on realistic work situations and demonstrates the relevance and importance of ‘reading, reporting and recording’ for direct care workers who work in a client’s home or community setting. The relationship between what is written down and the work situations aged and disability support workers may experience is clearly demonstrated.
It can be used in the induction and orientation of new staff, as refresher training and for learners undertaking accredited courses in the Community Services Training Package.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide and support materials that can be customised for different working and training situations.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Silver Circle Training Institute. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
“The workplace examples in the DVD gave students a very clear understanding of the relevant forms and information required for their work role and workplace requirements”.
Managing Director/Trainer Assessor,
The PILLAR Community Support, QLD
“An excellent resource for new and existing workers in the Community Services & Health fields”.
Workplace Assessor and Trainer
Carealot Training College, WA
- The relevance and importance of reading and understanding
- policy and procedures manuals
- occupational health and safety guide lines
- communication books
- care plans
- Why it is important to report accurately, either orally or in writing
- Relevant workplace examples of good and bad reporting
Resource Material for:
Community Services Training Package
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability.
Note: As most competencies have, either as performance criteria or underpinning knowledge, the requirement to complete reports, provide written/oral feedback and maintain accurate records then this could be used as a generic resource across many competencies in the Community Services Training Package.
The resource is also relevant to the following competencies with strong reporting and recording requirements:
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct care work
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $100.00
- 12 Months PRO $280.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format