Understanding and Responding to Behaviours of Concern
For workers supporting older people living at home
Duration: 23 min 45 sec
This video looks at the types of behaviours of concern that support workers may come across and some emotional, social, environmental and physical causes and triggers.
It also explains why it is important to know and be aware of the client’s needs, good communication skills, what to do if a client is aggressive and why it is important to report immediately and accurately to a supervisor when there is a change or incident with a client.
By using the appropriate communication strategies, workers can effectively interact with the client and family or significant others to support the client in their own home in a caring and respectful way.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide and support materials that can be customised for different working and training situations.
The Trainer Guide contains:
- information on how to use the resource
- strategies for trainers to support learners with language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) needs
- the script for the video
- questions for discussion and activity sheets which are designed to help learners identify the key points in each video chapter.
Understanding and Responding to Behaviours of Concern was developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Southern Cross Care Vic. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Industry.
- What is a Behaviour of Concern?
- Types of Behaviours of Concern
- Causes of Behaviours of Concern
- Know Your Client
- Aggression and Risk
- Reporting Behaviours of Concern
Resource Material for:
The resource can be used to support the delivery of:
- the unit CHCCCS013 Facilitate responsible behaviour
- communication and risk management elements of a number of units in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 hour $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months Pro $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format