Duration: 35 mins
The video Understanding Ageing provides a basic knowledge of:
- the physiological and psychosocial changes which occur as people age
- some common health conditions which affect older people
- the importance of respect and tact in behavior and language when dealing with older people
- some strategies for communicating effectively with older people.
When you work with older people and you understand the ageing process and how this can affect people’s behaviour, you will be able to help your clients in a professional manner and provide better services and greater quality of care.
This knowledge will assist workers in the health, aged and community care sectors to understand the normal changes that occur as people age and know what is not normal, so they can observe and report changes in their clients.
The video also addresses the stereotypes and prejudices of ageing and the impact that language, positive and negative, can have on workers and clients.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide and support materials that can be customised for different working and training situations.
The Trainer Guide includes:
- information on how to use the video
- support materials for each of the video chapters with customisable key word lists, activities and worksheets.
- strategies for trainers to support learners with language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) issues.
Understanding Ageing complements the video “Healthy Bodies: An Introduction” Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Calvary Silver Circle. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
ISBN NUMBER 978–0–9873157–0-0
- The physical changes
- Health conditions of ageing
Resource Material for:
Supporting the delivery of the following units:
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing.
The following skills sets:
- CHCSS00097 Individual Support – Ageing Skills Set
- CHCss00099 Individual Support – Home and Community Care (Ageing) Skill Set.
The video’s content on the ageing process and the physiological and psychosocial changes associated with ageing is also relevant to other units at Certificate III and IV level from the Health and Community Services Training Packages such as:
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support.
Family members, carers and anyone working with older people.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format