Just Like You
A guide to communicating with people with a disability
Duration: 23 mins 20 secs
This video allows people with a range of disabilities to speak for themselves about how service providers, support workers and colleagues can learn to communicate better with them. Manners are not something that come naturally, we all have to learn them.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
“A very practical and contextually meaningful look at communication strategies for inexperienced people to gain some interactive strategies. Well worth a look!”
Disability Services Unit, Dept of Justice, Western Australia.
- Manners are important for everyone
- How can you help?
- Wheelchair etiquette
- When someone has trouble speaking
- When someone has trouble seeing
- When someone has trouble hearing
- Things to remember
Resource Material for:
(i) Any business or organisation that deals with the general public such as financial, employment, recruitment, retail, hospitality and tourism
(ii) General Practitioners and other Health Professionals
(iii) Government Departments
(iv) Schools, TAFEs and Universities
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $100.00
- 12 Months PRO $280.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format