Environmental Sustainability in Manufacturing
Clean Lean Green
Duration: 26 mins 20 secs
This video is an introduction to environmental sustainability in Australian manufacturing.
The first two video chapters explain in simple terms, greenhouse gases, global warming, climate change, our carbon footprint, renewable and non-renewable resources, over consumption and the 5 Rs – refuse, reduce, reuse, repair and recycle.
The remaining ten chapters are three case studies in Australian manufacturing and the steps the people in these businesses took to successfully implement environmentally sustainable activities into their everyday life – at work and at home.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide, support materials and PowerPoint that can be customised for different working and training situations.
The Trainer’s Guide includes:
- customisable learner worksheets
- delivery strategies which may assist learners with LLN difficulties to get the most from the training
- a detailed session delivery plan
- hints on customising the resources
- useful website links
- video script
- mapping of the video to the unit Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices.
The PowerPoint can be used by the trainer in conjunction with the video to focus learners on key points and allow the trainer to expand on content which may be of interest to them e.g. the 5 Rs, and the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle.
It can be customised to a particular enterprise, so that training can be made relevant to the specific context of the learners.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and MESAB. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
- The Environment and You
- Sustainability in the Workplace
- Introduction to Case Studies
- Waste Management
- The 5 Rs
- Hazardous Materials
- Get The Message out
- Goals and Targets
- Why We Do This
Resource Material for:
- workplace or classroom training for the unit MSAENV272B: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- for learners/workers undertaking the unit MSAENV272B as part of a qualification at Certificate II and III level in the Manufacturing Training Package (MSA07)
- for refresher purposes, particularly for non-English speaking learners or those who need support for their language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- VET in schools – Enginering.
This is a self-contained resource which provides an introduction to the language of sustainability and a range of environmentally sustainable manufacturing practices.
As many Training Packages have now incorporated the MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices unit as a core in their qualifications, workers, apprentices and trainees from a range of different industries will benefit from this resource through their understanding of the need for environmental sustainability in their daily working life.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format