It All Adds Up
A video to help home and community support workers improve their numeracy skills
Duration: 15 mins 15 secs
Reading rosters and filling in time sheets accurately may seem a mundane task but they are a vitally important aspect of every home and community support worker’s employment.
Understanding numbers is a crucial part of their work. This video will help aged care and disability home support workers with numeracy skills so that they can read and understand rosters more easily and fill in time sheets accurately. It also covers other aspects of their work where the ability to understand numbers is important.
This video takes a light and entertaining approach to involve the audience and help them understand how numbers work in their job. This understanding will make their work easier for everyone – support workers, clients and employers.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
- Read and understand rosters
- Filling in time sheets
- Calculating travel time
- Filling in travel sheets
- Shopping for clients
- Paying bills for clients
- Cooking times
- Laundry detergent ratios
- Reading street maps
- Understanding parking signs
Resource Material for:
(i) Community Services Training Package:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
For example, use for competencies:
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services.
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $87.00
- 12 Months PRO $267.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format