Manual Handling for Personal Care Work
For workers supporting older people living at home
Duration: 33 mins 36 sec
The manual handling examples demonstrated in this video incorporate the concept of consumer directed care and show workers supporting clients in their home with showering, dressing and mobility.
The video has been designed for:
- supporting the delivery of CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs and the manual handling component in HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- short refresher sessions on manual handling for personal care work or as part of an induction for new staff. For example, the first chapter runs for 8 minutes and gives an overview of manual handling principles for personal care work.
“The principles of correct manual handling apply to every personal care task, no matter how simple”.
Manual Handling for Personal Care Work complements Manual Handling for Support Workers in Home Care which covers activities such as sweeping, mopping, making a bed and cleaning.
- The Bedroom
- The Bathroom
- Standing and Sitting
- Cars – Getting In and Out
Resource Material for:
The resource can be used to support the delivery of the following units from the Community Services Training Package:
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care.
For the following qualification:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
“I have recently used Manual Handling for Personal Care Work for my Home and Community students. It provides an excellent overview of the manual handling principles and skills necessary when providing personal care. The principles of posture, balance, movement, space and keeping close to the task are clearly demonstrated when performing the tasks. The chapters make it easy to stop and discuss the relevant points.
The video is particularly useful for support workers in the home, but the principles also apply to those working in a residential setting. A beautiful complement to video Manual Handling for Support Workers in Home Care.”
Teacher, Ageing and Care
“I watched this video and it was very good. My mother is in a nursing home so now there are somethings I will keep in mind to help my mother into the car.”
Dawn, Clerical Support
Social and Community Services
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $265.00
- 12 Months PRO $445.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format