Communicate and Connect
Communication skills to build relationships for Coordinators and Team Leaders in Community and Aged Services
Duration: 26 mins 52 secs
This video targets the specific communication skills required to build trust and respect between coordinators/team leaders and their clients and colleagues, in the Community and Aged Services industry.
Good communication is essential to build and maintain relationships between people. Communication is not just the words we say, it’s how we say them, our body language, how we listen and how we observe.
The video has an introduction to communication and 7 different practical and relevant workplace scenarios, which demonstrate a range of communication techniques and address specific needs and issues across diverse social and cultural situations.
The resource also comes with a Trainer Guide and support materials that can be customised for different working and training situations.
Trainers and organisations can use this resource:
- as learning support material for the competency CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- for in-house or supervisor led training
- for refresher purposes, particularly for non-English speaking workers or those with low literacy and language skills.
Project developed by Fran Haarsma Productions and Ideas That Work. Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
- On the phone – listen and question effectively
- Interview and review
- Culturally appropriate communication
- Coach and mentor
- Build rapport and address barriers to communication
- Team meetings
- Respond to challenges and conflict
Resource Material for:
The resource relates to the competency CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships in accredited courses in the Community Services Training Package at Certificate IV level.
CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships unit is a compulsory unit for:
- CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
It is also an elective unit for:
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Aged Care
- CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
Online streaming subscription
- Watch at any time from any web browser
- Unlimited views during your subscription period
- Share with your team/students via private link
- Embed in your learning environment (PRO subscription)
- 24 Hours $5.95(for preview only and cannot be used for training)
- 12 Months $135.00
- 12 Months PRO $315.00
Buy on DVD
All prices inclusive of GST
Please note that DVDs are in PAL format